ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the pharmacist in the daily operations of the pharmacy, including: entering patient and prescription information, aiding in dispensing of prescription orders, managing transactions, stocking inventory, and serving as lead to other technicians.
- Serve as the lead technician by acting as a role model and training in the Pharmacy Technician processes.
- Enter patient information and prescription orders in the computer.
- Interact with third-party prescription plans to solve adjudication problems in order to facilitate the processing of prescriptions.
- Profile and aid in the dispensing of prescription orders under the supervision of a pharmacist. This may include training in prescription compounding of specialty medications.
- Manage cash register transactions in a courteous manner to help complete the patient experience in a positive way.
- Complete daily cash and checks reconciliation and daily sales sheet, and give to the finance department for posting to monthly revenue.
- Manage and order OTC inventory in addition to assisting with RX inventory management in order to meet budgetary goals. Train others in this process and ensure its completion.
- Deliver excellent customer service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Role model the principals of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Healthcare experience preferred.