The Unit Secretary performs clerical duties, greets visitors, answers call lights, assists with physician requests, and other duties which will facilitate the patient care process. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
• Transcribes orders; separates emergency / stat orders from regular work flow; notifies licensed nursing staff in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintains patient chart according to hospital policy; files reports and test results in an accurate and timely manner; upon discharge or expiration of the patient, breaks down chart for medical records.
• Notifies physician office of patient admission, location, and/or transfer, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assists with the orientation of unit personnel as requested.
• Maintains appropriate amounts of forms, materials, and supplies relative to patient census.
• Maintains nursing station and lounge in a clean and clutter free manner.
• Completes assignments without incurring unauthorized overtime.
• Does not abuse sick or personal days; maintains personal health and adheres to Absenteeism policy.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Current American Heart - HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• One year of relevant clerical experience. Experienced typist.
• Able to read/write English.
• Requires audio acuity, visual acuity, manual dexterity, and clear audible speech.
• Communicates effectively by voice or electronically.
• Computer literate.
• Completes competency assessment as designated by policy.
|Employer||Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center|