|Job type||Full Time|
Oversee day-to-day operations of the Patient Financial Services teams for cash posting and scanning, customer service, refunds and client/contract billing. Resolve high-level issues for systems, patients, and vendors. Monitors vendor assignment and reconciliation of the collections process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Hiring, training, supervision, oversight and management of assigned direct reports. Understand customer requirements such as strategy, targets, standards, processes and systems in order to ensure efficient operations. Maintains area of responsibility within annual budget.
2. Provides a comprehensive training program to areas of responsibility to ensure consistent and thorough training is provided to meet Health System and regulatory requirements. Maintains documentation of training records. Comprehensive knowledge of all patient accounting systems to Vail Health and Vail Health Clinics for Paragon, ePremis, HBI, and other patient accounting specific program.
3. Maintain and communicate thorough knowledge of the payer contracts, providing updates as needed to ensure customer service, credits and refunds, client/contract billing and cash posting and scanning staff are able to perform their job functions. Build and maintain a monthly reconciliation process for cash posting of patient cash, client/contract cash, unapplied cash and forward balance notices.
4. Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the assigned areas within the department while determining resources and tools necessary.
5. Write, implement, and ensure adherence to policy and procedures within department, communicating with other departments as necessary and meeting JCACHO guidelines
6. Collaborates with the PFS Director in implementation of new processes, identifying continuous process improvement opportunities.
7. Provides feedback to staff on assigned KPIs and department performance. Requires staff accountability to meet their performance requirements.
8. Escalates issues to PFS Director, keeping the director aware of areas of concern and when KPI's are not met.
9. Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
10. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.